The snow is here, and wow is the snow here (this clip from TV6 is fantastic, and we’ve gotten way more since then). More than 100 inches already have fallen in Michigan’s Keweenaw Peninsula. All area trails are open, and the beautiful Swedetown Trails have been busy on a regular basis. The entire Great Bear Chase course is open for skiing already.
With that said, the Great Bear Chase planning committee has been busy finalizing detail after detail of the upcoming 34th annual Great Bear Chase! We’re proud to present the 2014 Great Bear Chase Race Guide!
Some highlights of this year’s race guide:
- New age groups for several of the races.
- New race courses for all races, including lowering the 14 km race to 10 km.
- New hours for bib pick-up Friday night, starting at 2:30 p.m.
- A new location for pre-race registration and awards.
- A new parking race that illustrates how we’ve once again expanded parking.
Check back to greatbearchase.com on a regular basis, as we’ll be announcing more details on all of these things, and updating the race guide with additional details! In the mean time, get over to our registration page and sign up!